Monday, March 16, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills ~ Review


Shades from left to right: (Top Row) Vanilla / Banana / Sand (Bottom Row) Java / Fawn / Havana

This palette has been raved about by everyone on the beauty and fashion guru universe. Everyone has been trying to get their hands on these, as of right now I know they are available on the sephora website as well as the Anastasia website. On the Anastasia  website, I know that you can pick and choose what colors go into your palette. Since the hype has calmed down it should be more easily availabe to those who still want to buy it. 
I bought this kit a couple months ago after I finally gave in and bought it, I have been very skeptical on buying this product since I was not sure how the quality would be. 
I do love the banana powder, this powder is perfect at brightening your face and creating a very bright and freshness to your face. The banana is definitely better for your under eyes, while vanilla is a better all-around powder. The upper row is a light to medium color payoff.
The contours are a medium to full color payoff in which a little goes a long way. However I do regret buying this product since the contour colors look very muddy on me and they do not show up well on my golden/olive skin tone. The color java was terrible, it became patchy on me and it was not enough of a cool toned color to work on me.
However, I did like Fawn since it is a little bit more grey, but I just felt like it looked to noticeable and not natural enough for my liking.
Overall, it is definitely a palette that is not for everyone, and I highly suggest going on their actual website and picking out your own colors to go into the palette so you know exactly what you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment